15 random things about me……..
1. I’m a vegetarian married to a carnivore. The carnivore’s name is Luke.
2. I’m addicted to Pinterest.
3. And Diet Coke. If this is the only thing you remember about me, we’ll be fast friends.
4. I used to be a special education teacher to young children with emotional and behavioral problems. One of my students nicknamed me “Bossy Boots”. Watch out!
5. My son’s middle name is River. Not after River Phoenix. After all the shared memories my husband and I have of rivers. Especially the ones in Montana.
6. I love running but I never want to run a marathon. And probably not a half marathon either.
7. I sing “You Are My Sunshine” to my son every night before he goes to bed. When I was a little girl, I slept with a stuffed animal that played the same song when you wound it up. It makes my heart swell every time I hear it.
8. I’ve lived in 6 different states, plus the two where my dad lived (and I visited frequently). Plus the District of Columbia where he currently lives. So that’s like 8 states!
9. I start listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween.
10. I collect quotes. A favorite:
Don’t ask yourself what the world needs;
ask yourself what makes you come alive.
And then go and do that.
Because what the world needs is people who are alive. (Howard Thurman)
11. My husband and I love being on the open road together. The more remote, the better.
12. Once on a road trip when our son was 2 we listened to Johnny Cash’s “Folsom Prison Blues” for an hour and half straight (he loves trains). We decided letting him listen to a song about murder was a good trade for some peaceful riding. Sadly, that was also the trip we sang “B-I-N-G-O” 71 times in 8 hours.
13. I’ve read the book Sula by Toni Morrison 5 times.
14. One of my life goals is to grow lilacs. Getting closer to that one.
15. I have an obsession with crafts that involve felted wool.